Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Monday, December 27, 2021

Kasey Kahne set to race complete "World of Outlaws" tour in 2022

Sarah Crabill/Getty Images
    Former NASCAR Cup Series driver 
Kasey Kahne will embark on one of his childhood dreams in 2022; Kahne will be competing in his first full-time campaign in the "World of Outlaws" Sprint Car Series next year.


Kahne will pilot the No. 9, which some may remember because of it’s historical significance from his NASCAR career. Also linking up with his three-time and defending driver champion Brad Sweet to form a potent two-car team out of the Kasey Kahne Racing Mooresville, NC shop. Though this will be Kahne’s first full-time season, the driver has competed in World of Outlaws before, most recently driving the No. 83 for Roth Motorsports after Aaron Reutzel parted ways with the team.


“I’ve realized through my commitments as a team owner that I still want to race and challenge myself at this level,” Kahne said. “I am grateful to have propelled into the NASCAR ranks as quickly as I did, but sprint car racing has been a dream of mine since I was a kid, and this is the first chance I’ve had to dedicate myself to it full-time.”


Kasey Kahne retired from full-time racing in the NASCAR Cup Series after the 2017 season due to underlying health issues, though drove a partial schedule before officially hanging up the helmet in 2018.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot