Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Saturday, May 7, 2022

William Byron extends contract with Hendrick Motorsports through 2025 Cup Series Season

 

Jared C. Tilton/Getty Images
    The future of Hendrick Motorsports is here to stay, as William Byron has extended his contract to drive the No. 24 Chevrolet for another few years. He joins teammate Chase Elliott as the only two-drivers to have run their entire NASCAR Cup Series career for the 14-time championship winning team.


Byron and Hendrick Motorsports came to an agreement and finalized the contract extension Monday. The news was made official on Thursday (05/05/2022). Byron and the organization’s current deal was set to expire at the end of the 2022 schedule.


“I’m so thankful to continue racing for Mr. Hendrick, Jeff (Gordon, who is the team's Vice Chairman) and Hendrick Motorsports,” Byron said. “Since I joined the organization, they’ve supported my growth process every step of the way, including my path to the Cup Series. With the great people around me, I’m excited to continue pursuing race wins and playoff success. Together we’ve built a No. 24 team that I know will contend for championships.”


“William is a tremendous driver and a truly exceptional young man,” said team owner Rick Hendrick. “As impressed as I am by his innate ability inside a race car, I admire his character and maturity even more. William is on an amazing trajectory, and I believe he’s only just begun to scratch the surface of his potential. We are fortunate to have him in our stable.”


“I’m really looking forward to the rest of the season,” Byron also said, “and my years to come with Hendrick Motorsports.”


While Byron and Elliott have already had their contracts resigned and extended past 2025, teammates Kyle Larson, and Alex Bowman have another year on their contracts, which will likely be reconsidered for an extension past next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot