Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Monday, May 9, 2022

Chase Elliott to run in the 2022 SRX season finale at Sharon Speedway

 

Sean Gardner/Getty Images

    It was announced Monday (5/9/22) that Chase Elliott will be competing in the 2022 SRX season finale race, which will be held on July 23rd at Sharon Speedway, in Hartford, Ohio. 


SRX CEO Dan Hawk said, "When I started at SRX, one of my goals was to get Chase [Elliott] to re-sign and run again in the SRX 2022 season. Chase is man who can drive anything, and I knew he would also have a huge impact on ticket sales for Sharon Speedway and on the television ratings on CBS. I am very happy that he was able to make this work for us and for the fans of his and SRX."


Chase Elliott competed in the SRX series last year, starting at Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway and finishing second in the first heat, eighth in the second heat, and later winning the feature event. This year he will not be the only NASCAR Cup Series driver to compete in the event, as SRX previously announced that Ryan Blaney and his father, Dave Blaney, will be also running the race.


The 2020 NASCAR Cup Series champion Chase Elliott said, "I'm excited to get back into one of the SRX cars this season. Last season was a lot of fun and a cool memory for me competing against my dad. The opportunity to race at Sharon Speedway and compete on dirt against the likes of Ryan and Dave Blaney and some guys I've looked up to my entire career is really appealing. I'm looking forward to the race, seeing all the fans come out, and hopefully I'll do well again."


 THIS STORY WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot