Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Trackhouse Racing purchases Chip Ganassi Racing’s NASCAR operations

Matthew Thacker/Motorsport Images

   It was announced moments ago that Trackhouse Entertainment Group has bought Chip Ganassi Racing’s NASCAR operations, including the team’s two charters, as well as the team’s equipment. Following the conclusion of the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series season Trackhouse Racing will acquire the team’s assets. In 2022 Trackhouse Racing (which is based in Nashville Tennessee) will operate out of Chip Ganassi Racing’s campus which is in Concord, North Carolina.


During this afternoon’s press conference listeners were told that Trackhouse Racing’s current driver of the No. 99, Daniel Suárez, will remain the team throughout the 2022 season (and possibly longer), though the number and driver of  Trackhouse Racing’s second race team is still to be announced. This deal could very well leave current Chip Ganassi Racing driver’s Kurt Busch and Ross Chastain looking for a job elsewhere next season. Justin Marks is reported considering both driver’s to be top candidates to fill the seat of their second ride next season.


Chip Ganassi noted “The team was not for sale, but Justin (Marks) just called me up” and “This gives me an opportunity to turn down the RPM down a little bit, and help Justin with his vision”. Justin Marks explained “this whole process has been about getting to this moment and this announcement, and like I said earlier this is one element of a lot of work ahead of us this summer”.


Current team owner Chip Ganassi went on to tell reporters: “I look at my 20 years and I say ‘Hey I’m 63 years old’, you know, what am I gonna do this for 10 more years or something? I dont know.” “We seem to be in a period of time here where there’s some movement going on, and some new fresh young blood coming in”. Afterwords Chip Ganassi reassured everyone “I’m not going away from racing, so you know I’ll be around”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot